Sunday, 9 October 2011

a "Stella" Hallowe'en by Joanne Wardle

In previous posts I have used Stella Sitting on various props, and have used masking to achieve this. I know that a lot of people find masking a bit too "faffy", so for this card I used the simpler "cutting out" method!!
I just stamped Stella, the broom and hat, onto white card coloured with pencils and cut them out.
I made the moon background by cutting out a circle mask (by drawing around the inside of a roll of sellotape), then applied black soot and pumice stone distress inks with a cotton wool ball. I
removed the maks, applied a litle more pumice stone ink, for clouds. I stamped happy (from Happy unbirthday) and old english Hallowe'en. I glued Stella and her accessories in place.
All of the Stamps are from Jo Capper-Sandon's range from Stampotique Originals.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful composition, the colours blend really nicely to achievea very realistic sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh gorgeous card Joannne!!!

    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love Stella.... she is going on the list!

    ReplyDelete