Hello, I have a 6 x 4 postcard to share with you this week. I have used a variety of stamps from different companies. I have a full supply list at the end of this post if you scroll to the bottom you will find it with link to the items in the shop.
This is a quick run through of how I did it.
- Cut a piece of card to 6 x 4 inches and ink with walnut stain distress in.
- Used Brown Archival ink to stamp the background from the French flight plate to cover your card.
- Stamp the sprint quote from the Charles and Amelia plate as shown (cleaned the ink from the work fly at the end before stamping it). Fill in the word FLY using the large word from the same plate and positioning it as shown at the end of the quote.
- Mask off the quote and word and using black archival ink randomly stamp the cogs from the industrial background plate onto the stamped background.
- Cover the FLY word in glossy accents.
- Stamp the house and Icarus image onto white card, colour and attach to the postcard.
- Edge with a black dabber and draw lines with a pen and drawing ink.
Stampotique House Stamp
If you enjoy making postcards there is a weekly challenge site called Sunday Postcard Art, I am going to link my postcard to it.