Helen Chilton has made this altered frame using the Artistic Outpost stamp plates "Think and Wonder" and "Ephemera Backgrounds" and she has provided the instructions for how to make it. Using tissues to stamp on and build up your picture is a great way to add texture. The tissue just disappears into the background when applied with very watery PVA glue.
StazOn inkpad: Jet Black
Adirondack inkpads: Butterscotch; Wild Plum; Stream
Adirondack paints: Butterscotch; Wild Plum; Stream; Gold
Watered down PVA
1. Cut a piece of kraft card to fit frame and gesso. Swipe with Adirondack paints.
2. Stamp all the images in black onto tissues and peel off top layer. Tear round the figures and stick to card with watery PVA glue.
3. Build up all the other elements, tearing out parts of the background images to fit picture. Stick down. Add extra colour from the Adirondack inkpads with a water brush.
4. Masking off the figures, gesso through sequin waste to highlight their heads and upper bodies.
5. Use some of the stamped tissue to cover outside part of frame. When dry, colour with inkpads as before.
6. Swipe Adirondack gold paint over frame and picture. Stamp text and backgrounds directly onto frame to finish.