Friday 5 August 2011

Beach hut basking by Julie Dandy


The current challenge is "oh I do like to be beside the seaside..." and what do you find beside the seaside??? Colourful beach huts so I decided to get a little bit creative with one of these cute mini birdhouses, Artistic Outpost "Beyond the sea" stamps and some Tim Holtz ideaology :D

I removed the dowel perch and then cut pieces of lightly striped pattern paper, stamped them with coffee archival ink and distressed them with a combo of Frayed Burlap and Fired Brick distress ink pads.

I glued a TH metal corner to the top of the house and the glued the paper in place with a little bit of glossy accents covering the holes, its fabby for glueing paper to this kind of project as it dries quickly.

I made the door by taking a lollipop stick that came with some rub-ons and cut it to the height I wanted with my TH scissors I then cut the three pieces length ways to make it look like old wood.
I coloured them with TH Broken China distress stain and when dry glued them to a smaller piece of paper.
When dry I glued them to the front of the house and coloured the base of the bird house with wild honey distress stain.
I didn't have any sand so I added some distress embossing powders (unmelted) inside my bottle before tying it to the house with garden twine.
To complete the project I added more seaside themed charms and Timmy embellies :D

The houses are so cute and could be used for so much more than just a cute birdhouse - I'm thinking little new home gifts, gingerbread houses, or something cute and Alice themed :D

Here's a few more pics of my ickle beach house :D


If you want to be in with a chance of winning a £15 voucher with free P&P in our August "Oh I do like to be beside the Seaside" challenge you can enter in one of 3 ways:
  • Blog your entry and use the Linky widget in the Blog post HERE
  • Load to the Happy Daze Facebook Page
  • Sent a pic by email to info@happy-daze.net
Closing date is midnight 31 August.

Thanks for looking,
Hugs'n'snogs,
Julie xx

5 comments:

  1. oh that's brilliant, and so dinky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific Julie, love how you've altered the bird house. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really clever...wish I has thought of it, Damn. G x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....thats sooooo cool...I love the stamped crab on the roof!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab idea, love the rich red colour and the door is brilliant. X

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.