Friday, 29 June 2012
Frozen Dragonfly by Julie Dandy
Well there isn't long left to enter the June Happy Daze challenge so if you want to be in with a chance of winning a £15 gift voucher upload your JUNE BUGS HERE!!!
I decided to try a little bit of assemblage for this cutie dragonfly piece featuring THESE fab wooden spools and the large TH FRACTURED DOLL which is a repro frozen charlotte doll, which is why I called this piece frozen dragonfly :D
I started by selecting graduating sized buttons in various vintage colours (big -or bug surprise LOL!!!), a few beads and some art wire.
I cut a long piece of wire and folded it in half then threaded on my beads, buttons and spools giving the wire an occasional twist to make the shape more flexible.
The ends of the wire made the anttenea by twisting around a pokey tool and adding beads to the ends.
I made the wings by threading the art wire through a cheap lace doiley I bought on ebay, in wing shapes then cutting roughly around the outer edge.
I left enough spare wire to wrap around the main spool so that the wings were secure.
I then wrapped more wire round the fractured doll and added ribbon and lace to the spools.
I coloured the wings by dabbing on versamark ink randomly then used FRANTAGE embossing powders over the top of it, then heated it gently as the doiley was made of nylon and I didn't want to burn it.
I added a few embellies including more buttons and some ideaology and to finish off , spritzed the whole piece with a spray made from distress re-inker in victorian velvet, then added a splodge or two of distress stickles in bundled sage.
Here's a few more piccies :D
This is going to look so pretty in my bedroom :D