One of the wooden door hangers from the shop, painted and altered using the new Verday paint products now available.
I started by glueing some Cog Die cuts to the wooden hanger and then gave it all a coat of brown acrylic paint and then it sat in my half done box for about 6 months :(
Then one morning through my letter box arrived a sample of the Verday paint from Moira which made me randomly look around for things to try it on and I spied this half done and looking all unloved. So here it is, all Verdayed up and looking pretty good even if I do say so myself. It's very seldom I like the things I make, but for me this is the exception.
I gave the brown painted hanger a dab over with all of the colours as I wanted to see how they all worked, they dry quite quickly so I was able to layer them up and over each other quite quickly, I applied the Verday with a sponge.
I let it dry according to the instructions and then spritzed it with some of the patina solution which I used with a mini mister, I then let this dry over night.
I applied the copper Verday to the Book plate and Dragonfly using a paint brush and once dried I spritzed them with the patina solution again leaving them to dry overnight.
The flowers I made myself and I will be sharing how I did these on Friday, so do please come back and have a look.
When all the pieces were dry, I was delighted with the finish that the Verday had given to everything. I added an Adage ticket to the book plate, I bashed a couple of brad fasteners to make them look like screws and then added them all to the door hanger using crafters pick glue.
Don't forget the current challenge is June Bug and there is a £15.00 voucher to be won for the shop. For the challenge details click here