Wednesday 27 July 2011

Wizard of Oz Pencil Box By Carol Fox



I love these wooden pencil boxes in the shop and I have altered this one using the Artistic Outpost Wizard of Oz stamps.
I wanted the box to look really battered as if it had been in the tornado with Dorothy, So I first of all gave it a coat of Claudine Hellmuths Dash of Red and when dry I crackled a coat of Tan over the top. When it was dry I then roughly sanded it to give it a very aged look.
The images are all stamped in versfine ink. I have used a backgound stamp to fill in any blank areas, there are a great selection of stamps to choose from in the shop.
I have used gold embossing powder to edge it. I finished it off with a large gold button from my ever growing stash of these.

3 comments:

  1. Lush!! Love the aged crackle effect and the colour combo, will have to check out those stamps I think! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab project! Yup I definitely need one of those boxes to have a play with.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the aged look, fab effect. x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.