Thursday 11 August 2011

Beside the Seaside - By Carol Fox


The perfect mirror for a little mermaid to use in her underwater kingdom.
The mirror is one of the lovely blanks that are in the shop in two shapes of a heart and an oval.
I crackled a background using a purple and a cream acrylic paint, when this was dry I over inked it with dusty concord distress ink. This already look pretty good, but I wanted a bit of texture to it, so using a mask and Croco Colour in Blackberry I added a pattern detail to it. I also did this all over the back of the mirror and you can see from the photo how lovely the Croco works through a mask.
I went around the sides of the mirror with a thick coat of gold embossing powder.
The jewels around the mirror are from the shop, I do love these and the great thing about them is that they can be coloured with alcohol inks. I had to do this as I had a random colour selection of them, so using Raisin alcohol ink I did them all the colour I wanted.
The little seahorse is made from a mould with utee melted in my heat pot and then given a bit of a rub over with Viva Inka Gold to make it all gold and shimmery.
The theme for the new challenge this month is I Do Like to be beside the seaside and there is the prize of a £15.00 shop voucher plus free P & P up for grabs. So do check out all the details of how to upload your items by having a look HERE. You Gotta be in it to win it.

5 comments:

  1. What a glourious mirror :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the crackling and texturing effects, those jewels are yummy too. Bet it looks even better in real life. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo every single element is gorgeous and all put together its fabulous :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mirror is fabulous you have obviously made this for a beautiful mermaid to use. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Carol - and so apt as you live beside the seaside - I adore it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.