Sunday 1 April 2012

April Challenge - April Showers


The challenge theme for this month is April Showers. Use anything watery on your project, a water technique as Paula has here, or anything water themed, think mermaids and seaside. Your water technique can be as simple as water colour paints or pencils or using some of the lovely ink sprays available from the shop. Let your imagination run wild.
Just remember to be eligible for entry into the prize draw you must use at least one item that is available from the shop and link to this post on your blog.
To get you in the mood this month Paula has made this gorgeous Steampunk canvas.

Paula Say's about her canvas.

I have to admit I’m not really one for techniques, so you could keep it simple like me. Or you can really let your imagination go wild and show us your different skills and methods.
For this steampunk canvas  I  used a variety of  stencils to build up layers and washes of paint to create the background,  and I used water colour paints on my stamped image.
I used an old book page and gave it a light wash of gesso then I used the Lost Coast Designs Balloon Guys stamp as my focal image. I coloured with a combination of watercolour paints and distress inks and rubbed on Inkagold around the edges.
The two embossed panels are made using ten seconds studio metal in slate, humungo tape, card, this was run through my big shot using an embossing folder. I distressed the panels with sandpaper and sponged on different acrylic paints in black, red and orange until I achieved the desired effect and then rubbed on Inka gold.
I used black stazon to stamp an image onto an optical lense then applied gilding flakes to the back. I used a metal corner,a Tim Holtz hitch fastener , sprocketgears, game spinners and time pieces to finish my canvas.

You can enter the challenge by uploading using the linky Widget below, if you dont have a blog you can enter via the Facebook page or by emailing your entry directly to me a waynemonster@gmail.com.

The challnge will close on the 30th April and the winner of the £15.00 voucher drawn by random number will be announced on the 2nd May. Just remember to be eligible for the prize draw you must use one item that is available to purchase from the shop. You can enter the challenge up to 3 times.


13 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning!!! fantastic launch piece for the new challenge :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic sample - excellent work and so much depth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific canvas, love it, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!! Love everything about this piece!!! Great nspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the detail, gorgeous colours and the steampunk theme , what brilliant inspiration, Thank you, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Blog. I have just found it and will be returning again. Believe me. Have a lovely Easter. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project, love this months theme.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.