Tuesday 10 April 2012

Best of British By Paula Tidman


I have to own up that I've never made an ATC before as I've always found the diminutive size rather daunting, but these chunky wooden ATC's are perfect for me as they have plenty of surfaces for decorating. 

I sanded down and rounded the edges. Then coated with black gesso, once dry randomly painting red and blue acrylic paint on the block, then a final coating of a thin layer of white gesso. I sanded lightly to show some of the paint beneath. Then using black archival ink I stamped Artistic Outpost Loverley London plate, ooops and stamped one of them upside too LOL! I buffed over Barn door and chipped sapphire Distress Inks to highlight the paint showing through. I rubbed Inka gold along the edges and buffed to a shine

I bent & cut four of the these filigree corners (an idea from one of Gingers gorgeous creations) and glued in place with glossy accents. I screwed in a small draw knob from my stash to complete.


A quick reminder about the current Happy Daze Challenge which  you still have plenty of time to enter. It is "April Showers" So have fun using your favourite water technique.  One lucky winner will be drawn at random to win a  £15 voucher and free P&P to spend in the Happy Daze shop. Maximum of 3 entries per person & you must use at least one product which can be purchased in the Happy Daze shop.
  • You can enter by blogging you address to the linky widget here
  • emailing your picture to info@happy-daze.net
  • uploading your photo to their facebook page




8 comments:

  1. Oh, yum, diddley yum,yum. me likey lots. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is quite really impressive. Like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love the gold around the edges too and your knob on the top. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous altered chunky and loving those filigree corners, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe this is your first ATC! You really should make lots!!! It's a truly stunning creation Paula, just love it :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So how did I manage to miss this? Looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.