Sunday 8 April 2012

Celestial Waters by Samantha Read

It's great fun finding different ways to use water particularly with distress inks as they react so well to water.
To make the background for this card I simply covered the card with broken china distress ink and then put a little water on Jo's star stamp, and stamped. I applied the water to stamp with my finger as I discovered too much water on your stamps and the image isn't clear. I found the best way to get a good water stamped image was to press firmly but not for long and then dry promptly with a heat gun before the image got too watered down. It's really worth practising this technique as the effect is never the same twice.
The Lily and Zoe stamp from Paperbag Studios is quickly becoming one of my favourites, so colouring them in contrasting colours and a bit of textured matting and layering brings this card to life. I do so hope you like it.
Wishing you a happy day, Sam xxx

I used: 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stamping Sam, love that stamp and quote. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Sam and like Paula love the stamp and the quote, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stamping Sam. Thats one of my long term favourite stamps too.x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.