Tuesday 11 December 2012

Collecting the Christmas Tree


It would be very remiss of me not to make at least one Christmas card for the Happy Daze blog this year, for the challenge theme of 'In the Deep Midwinter'!

I used the Artistic Outpost Sleigh Ride plate - these are the only stamps you will ever need for your Christmas cards, although I do reserve the right to want more!  I cut a 6 x 6 Kraft card base which I embossed with the snow flakes with white ep. I stamped and cut out the two children and coloured them with distress inks. I stamped the pine trees off onto scrap paper first using Pine Needles DI and then stamped onto white card and spritzed with water, added a little Forest Moss for some shading, and die cut the piece, and then die cut a larger piece from red card which I embossed and sanded for a little texture. I stamped the Winter Wonderland text from the stamp plate on the lower half of the card blank in Walnut Stain which I also used to edge all the pieces. I used a cotton doily underneath the die cut layers, and finished off with a ribbon bow, a snowflake charm, and a pearl.

3 comments:

  1. I saw Lucy's Christmas card in real life, it is absolutely darling with all the stamping details and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your pretty Christmas card Lucy, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab use of the delicious AO stamps - especially love the snowflakes against the kraft!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.