Tuesday 14 February 2012

Altered Box By Carol Fox

To fit with this months challenge theme I have altered a box, yes I love boxes, but better than that I have used another love Viva Inka Gold. So there is it, it's out in the open I have two loves, but it's ok they know each other and they are quite cool about it, and as they work really well together neither minds.

This is one of the larger sized wooden boxes from the shop. I have simply coloured it with Inka Gold in Lava Green and Steel Blue and together they give this lovely patina shade which I love.

I have stamped on the peacock stamp who's maker eludes me using Archival ink, you must use an archival ink over the inka gold or else the image just seems to disappear. I finished the image with a bit of glossy accents here and there just to highlight bits of it.

I have embellished it with one of the lovely peacocks which were a gift from a friend. I also used the Inka gold on this as its a brass tone metal charm. A large button from my stash for a faux knob and there is it all finished.

A lovely quick little project.

To see all the details of this month challenge take a look at the original post here and you will also get the chance to see Netty's lovely frame again.


6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous peacock box! i love inka gold, and to use the blue and green to get the patina color is great. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your boxes Carol they are always so beautiful and this is no exception, it is stunning. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exquiste! So very beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful box, loving the colour you've achieved, x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.