Sunday, 26 February 2012

Sticky Stuff by Samantha Read

I may have said this a thousand times but a technique I love to use is stamping on white tissue paper, colouring the image if needed, and then applying to a surface with PVA glue.
Looking at me in my jeans, t-shirts and trainers, usually covered in mud you would never guess that I love to be surrounded by pretty things and I thought this plain, clear plastic sellotape dispenser was about as unpretty as it could be, so .......
An old book page toned down with gesso and 45 minutes later I have a pretty tissue tape dispenser, ah that's better.

I used:
Black Archival Ink Pad (it's essential to have waterproof ink for this method!)

Wishing you a very happy day, Sam xxx

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea and so pretty, love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab idea - it looks gorgeous :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous altering Sam!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab idea, so pretty .To think I've been throwing the dispensers away!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! love the little saying.

    ReplyDelete