Wednesday 9 November 2011

An Assortment Of Boxes By Carol Fox

I am seriously in love with these little boxes that Moira has in the shop. I have done a few of them this week as I have had four commissions for these little boxes and I have done a couple for an upcoming Victorian Market I am booked for.
So I am sharing some of them as my DT piece today to show how easy it is to get so many different looks with them just by different paint and stamping techniques.

This box I altered using Glimmer mists and Gold leafing and embossing powder and rubber stamping.

On this one I used a basic cream paint crackled over the plain box using PVA glue, when dry I rubbed over it with Victorian Velvet Distress ink, before adding rubber stamping. Finally spritzing it with Glimmer mists.

This one was simply coloured with Distress stains in Wild Honey and Fired Brick, after rubber stamping I smudged Pitch Black Dabber around the edges to age it a bit.

And lastly my favourite. I used the PVA crackle paint technique on this again, rubber stamping a "spell" around the four sides before embossing in gold. Add the large fairy charm under the pocket watch dome on the lid. The handle is the Pocket watch winder and I have added four fairy crowns for feet on the box.

Items I Used
Small wooden boxes
Small Crowns
Cosmic shimmer mists
Paint Dabbers
Paints
fairy charm
Embossing powders

Distress Stains

Finally don't forget the current challenge is an Explosion of Colour, so if you have made something bright and beautiful this month using any product that the shop stocks have a look at the post on the blog to upload your picture.

4 comments:

  1. Wow they look amazing I am sure the recipients will be delighted with them and pleased they comissioned you x

    Love Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trio of gorgeousness. They are all stunning, but I am particularly drawn to the beautiful butterfly box. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all terrific alterations. My favourite is the first one in the rich browns and gold. x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.