Thursday 3 November 2011

A sprinkle of reindeer dust....by Ruth


Now that I no longer feel guilty scrapping a year in arrears for my christmas photos I can take the time to relish new papers and look back over last years hectic moments. I indulge in a bit of misty eyed memories and forget all the chaos soon to come again.

I loved the maturity of these Pink Paislee papers, they remind me of a Scottish hunting lodge, and with names like Apple Cider and Bonfire it's no wonder they look warm and cosy, ideal for cardmakers too.




"Come Fly with Me" was inspired by the wooden lazer cut Reindeer Antlers from the Happy Daze shop.
(I have been wanting to use it on all sorts of christmas projects and now wish that I had ordered more than one!)



I gessoed him first then inked him with brown distress ink and added a layer of fine white glitter. All are available in the shop in varous shades. A row of Platinum Liquid Pearls around the edges, emphasises the road sign shape.



The black flower was left over from my Pink Paislee Halloween banner kit. And I am one photo less in my stash at last!!

TFL


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, the papers are gorgeous, and love the gesso and black lace.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely project. I would imagine its nice to scrap in arrears, to bring back all those memories.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.