Our November challenge theme is "An Explosion of Colour" so I've gone for this bright and cheery Pendant. I used a vintage collage image but you could also use one of your own photos.
Large Bezel - I used a Bow Bezel
Resin - I used Lisa Pavelka Magic-Gloss, you could also use Glossy Accents
Stickles in a colour which co-ordiantes with your image
Image - use a stock copyright free collage image or photo printed with a laser printer onto smooth paper - not photo paper, or an image from pre-printed paterned paper
Matte or Gloss Medium
Inka Gold Paint in a co-ordinating colour
2 x Jump rings
Chain or Ribbon to hang
1. Print the image to the size you need to fit the large bezel.
2. Print the image and cut to fit the bezel. If you are using an oval or round bezel press your nail all round the image to bed it into the edge of the bezel, this will give you the shape to then cout out. Do not worry if it does not fit perfectly as the stickles will hide any messiness
3. Glue the image into your bezel and coat it with the medium.
4. Squeeze a line of stickles all round the inner rim of your bezel
5. Fill your small bezel with a layer of stickles to cover the base. Leave both bezels to dry - this is best done overnight
6. Pour resin into your large and small bezels to fill them up. If using Magic-Gloss place under a UV lamp for 15 minutes. You may add additional layers if desired to create a dome effect. If using a two part resin leave to dry overnight. If using Glossy Accents be very careful about bubbles, if you get any prick them out with a wire or end of a paperclip. Also if a layer is too thick in Glossy Accents it may not dry so do not use a bezel that is too thick or do it in layers. Glossy accents will also need overnight to dry
7. Take the Inka Gold paint and using a piece of Cut n Dry Foam or cosmetic foam, rub a little colour or colours into the bezel.
8. Attach the bail with a jump ring and thread your ribbon or chain.
9. Attach the small bezel filled with stickles and resin to the bottom of your pendant and you are done!
To enter our challenge create a piece of work on the theme of "An Explosion of Colour". It could be a card, a layout, an altered object etc. whatever you like. Then either:
- Blog your entry and use the Linky widget below to link to your blog entry
- Load to the Happy Daze Facebook Page
- Sent a pic by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The challenge will end at Midnight Thursday 30 November 2011. One entry will be drawn at random to win a £15.00 Gift Voucher plus free P&P for the Happy Daze shop. Maximum of 3 entries per person. Entries must use at least one product which can be purchased in the Happy Daze shop
And a big welcome to any vistors from the UK Scrappers Blog Hop. If you are participating in the UKS blog hop, you may have come here from Fiskarettes . After checking out our project, go to Scrap Paper Scissors to see the next project, and see the thread on UKS HERE to see the full list of links and info on the prizes!