Monday 7 November 2011

Row of Houses By Helen Chilton



Stamps used: Artistic Outpost: Whimsical Melange,My Favourite Book,Birds of a Feather,Ephemeral Backgrounds.

Other Materials
Distress inkpads: Victorian Velvet; Frayed Burlap; Stormy Sky
Distress Stains: Stormy Sky; Spun Sugar; Shabby Shutters; Scattered Straw
StazOn inkpad: Jet Black
Buttons, charms, lace and ribbons.


I’ve made up five row houses, stamping the two from the Whimsical Melange plate as is, and then using the ruler and the scroll stamp to vary them. I’ve then masked them all off and stamped the main images from the Bird plate, masked those off and added in some more backgrounds.

Then I’ve added all the twiddly bits! For the rows of beads, I’ve taken a bracelet, glued it down with Crafters Pick the Ultimate glue (wonderful stuff) and then cut the string when it’s dry – an easy way to get a long row of beads without them all falling off!

8 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love the stamp plate you have used.
    Emma - The Sparkly Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great I love all the bird images you have used. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what gorgeous houses you have created, love the muted colours and embellishments used too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is stunning, love the subtle colouring
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my , oh my oh my 0 this is just fabulous - and those textures - wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful and such a vintge feel to this because of the colours and the faded look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the variety and layers and what a clever idea to glue the beads down as a whole string then cut it.
    Love Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very wonderful. Love your trick on the beads. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.