Tuesday 9 October 2012

Spooky Apothecary


This month's challenge theme is 'Something Wicked This Way Comes', and I have made a spooky apothecary using the Artistic Outpost Apothecary stamps and the My Mind's Eye Hallowe'en set. I painted the wooden frame orange, added a crackle medium, and then painted it black, then added Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint and rubbed Gold Inka Gold over it with my finger. I cut a piece of card to fit the aperture and used a selection of the stamps in shades of black, brown, and orange, and then sponged with Distress Inks. I used the bottle from the Apothecary set to make a shrink plastic bottle which I curved slightly whilst warm for a little dimension. I added charms, some die cut paper pieces by Pink Paislee, and some cobwebs, and finished off with a skull broken off from a skeleton, with glossy accents dyed red for his eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Terrific make Lucy, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, what a terrific spooky make... love the framed effect, and the cobwebs!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Lucy, very spooky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab, fab, fabulous - what a brilliantly wicked work of art

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.