Tuesday 7 August 2012

A Summer's Garden by Lucy Edmondson


Today I have made a card using the Bloom and Grow Artistic Outpost set and faux washi tape to achieve a summer's garden look. I covered a card blank with pale orange paper and cut the edge with a Tim Holtz On the Edge Die. I stamped a selection of the phrases from the stamp set in black and also shades of orange and yellow distress inks. I cut a white On the Edge picket fence, embossed it, and added a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink, which I also added to the edge of the card. I stamped the little girl with the wheelbarrow in black.

For my washi tape, I used the microporous tape you buy in chemists for adhering dressings. I coloured some strips with StazOn in Mustard and Pumpkin. Happy Daze has a good range of colours of StazOn and I found it was the best ink to use on this surface. Whilst I was preparing the pieces I stuck them down to the backing sheet you get when you buy stamp mounting foam, as it's easier to keep it on this for future occasions rather than using your heat proof mats. I then stamped the bees using Jet Black StazOn and adhered a strip to my card.




8 comments:

  1. brilliant... i keep meaning to try this faux washi tape out. some great tips, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card Lucy, fab idea to make your own washi tape. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your pretty card Lucy, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, I like stamping and the edge. Great idea to make washi tape, I must try :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a charming little card - and the matching faux washi tap is a clever touch too

    I have some that my Japanese daughter in law brought back from Japan but I can't bear to use it

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card Lucy, i have made some faux wshy tape works really well, I bet Boots have never sold so much surgical tape
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lucy, this is so sweet :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to tjhe chemist later. i must try this, and I have just rescued an eazi mount backing sheet from my bin, thats a brainwave for storage Lucy. What a great project so full of ideas.X

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.