Friday 10 August 2012

Dream a little dream.... by Julie Dandy

I have been thinking about this project for a while and it is still ongoing , so keep watching this space :D

I am using vintage doileys and embroidery hoops to create a pretty, shabby chic, vintage style dream catcher to hang over my bed.

The largest frame is 12" and has a doiley stretched over it and buttons sewn on.
The embroidered one is made from tilda fabrics, which are soooooo lush!!! I taped the fabric on to copy paper with masking tape then put it through my printer, then backstiched over the printed words :D

My project section for Happy Daze uses a vintage doiley that had a fabric circle in the centre which had a little hole in. It was pretty before, but I love it now :D
I coloured the frame with Inka gold, then stretched the doiley over the frame.
I used Claudines matte medium to stiffen the outer edge.

 I found this gorgeous rose image on the internet and printed it on to Claudines sticky backed canvas. I cut it out, scruffed up the edges with my TH distresser,  inked around the edges with broken china distress ink and added some distress stickles.
I used buttons, press studs,ribbon, lace and  pins to embellish the main part of the frame.

The crystal dangles were edged with inka gold after sticking a section of a vintage sewing pattern to the back with the multi medium.
My other dangles were made with wooden spools spritzed with TH distress re-inker in a mini mister, wrapped in ribbon and fabric scraps, along with buttons and feathers.
I will share more pics when the whole project is complete, but here are a few close ups to keep you going :D


 Hugs'n'snogs,
Julie xx

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation! So deliciously feminine with the lace and buttons and bows - a sort of post-modern collage of a Victorian embroidery piece! Lovely...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure vintage gorgeousness. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly original work in progress, I look forward to seeing finished things, hugs n snogs right back at ya! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathtakingly beautiful - what an inspirational piece of work

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.