Monday 28 May 2012

Beeswax Beauty

I'm finding the new Suzi Blu stamps very hard to resist so for this make I just wanted to show how different the same stamp can look, if you look at my previous post Queen of Hearts you'll see I've used the same stamp but changed it a little. For this make I removed her wings, ouch, and just continued her hair to her waist.
I began by stamping the Angel of Art stamp on ordinary printer paper and then removed her her wings, I stuck the image down and then coloured in her face, neck and hands with pencils as these are the only parts that are not painted. I used string and modelling paste for the texture of her hair. The little bird is made with modelling paste as are the details of the skirt. I used a Prima Songbird stamp for the flowery details around the edge. Finally I stamped the Balloons stamp on tissue paper and then glued down so I would get it in the right place. After painting everything I then used an ordinary pencil to go over the edges and some of the details which gives the whole make a hand drawn look. I covered the whole make with beeswax and then distressed it by scratching with a knife and applying burnt umber oil paint and then rubbing off, a bit of bling adds another dimension simply embedded in the beeswax.
I used some stash and Suzi Blu Angel of Art stamp,

Wishing you a lovely, happy day, Sam xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sam absolutely beautiful! Love your Suzi creation. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scratched beeswax Sam, a smashing creation. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful creation Sam.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.