Tuesday 8 May 2012

The Lady Margaret By Paula Tidman



I was so pleased to see that Happy Daze are now stocking these gorgeous Chapel Road Art stamps. I love this image of Margaret she is so serene and I love this period in history it is so rich, oppulent and fascinating.
 I made two gothic arches out of some recycled card and buffed on  distress inks in Barn Door and fired brick to create the rich red background. Then I used crafters workshop harlequin template and sponged on black soot distress ink and used one of my script stamps, to complete my background. Happy Daze are also stocking Micro Glaze from Judikins and this is perfect for sealing and protecting inky backgrounds. It also protects and seals any inkjet papers or photos. I rubbed a small amount onto each arch, then buffed to a sheen.
Margaret was stamped with black archival ink onto glossy card and coloured using a selection of versamagic chalk inks and a craft nib. I rubbed on some gold leafing wax, inka gold will work too. Then I triple embossed with cosmic shimmer clear utee. I also triple embossed my cabinet card frame with utee, then stamped with an inked up swirl stamp, then rubbed on more gold wax, cosmic shimmer bright gold is a much easier alternative, but unfortunately I didn't have any to hand. I added a couple of antigue bronze corners and a metal flower, then stamped and added the sentiments. Finally attaching the two arches together with some chain. 

A quick reminder about the current Happy Daze Challenge which  you still have plenty of time to enter. It is "May Queen." One lucky winner will be drawn at random to win a  £15 voucher and free P&P to spend in the Happy Daze shop. Maximum of 3 entries per person & you must use at least one product which can be purchased in the Happy Daze shop.
  • You can enter by blogging you address to the linky widget here
  • emailing your picture to info@happy-daze.net
  • uploading your photo to their facebook page


9 comments:

  1. wow wow wow Paula your gothic arches are totally fabulous and loving your new stamp, such a classic beauty. Its driving me nuts seeing all these new fabulous stamps as I want them all..... Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Paula!!! This is absolutely stunning. I love the colours and the vibrancy on these gothic arches...they set the gorgeous image off beautifully.
    I just went and checked out your links, there is some great stuff there! Thanks.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning piece of art Paula. The colours are beautiful and only enhance your beautiful work. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous decorated arch, very opulent and I love the image. Beautifully executed as always. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Paula, lovely rich colours
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely rich colours and beautiful Gothic arches. Love this x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Astonishing piece of art from Paula.
    The image is coloured so beautifully on first glance it looks like a digital download.
    Always inspirational.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! This work is STUNNING! And those stamps! Be still my heart! Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.