Sunday 6 May 2012

Queen of Hearts by Samantha Read

Here's another canvas decorated with a Suzi Blu stamp, I think I may be addicted to these stamps as none of my other stamps are getting inked up at the moment!
My last canvas was turned the wrong way around and was very colourful so for this piece I thought I would do the complete opposite.


I'm really enjoying this hanging on my wall, as I walk around the stars twinkle and the whole thing is quite dreamy.

I began by stamping the girl image and gluing on the canvas then adding the bits of torn paper and tucking under her skirt to make the layer. Then I covered the whole canvas with wrinkled tissue paper making it quite textured around the edges to frame the canvas. Next I 'painted' the whole thing with a really thin layer of gesso using a baby wipe to soften the text and bring it all together. I used a template for the hearts and stuck them down too. I coloured using a mixture of paint dabbers and pencil crayons and silver leafed her crown, then my favourite bits, the twinkly stars. The grey is ordinary pencil softened with a paper stump.

I used some stash and
Paint Dabbers, cool peri and lemonade
and Silver Leaf for her crown

I do hope you like it, wishing you a happy day, Sam xxx

3 comments:

  1. I love it Sam, she is terrific and I can see why none of your other stamps are being used LOL. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your canvas Sam and love her billowy skirt, great touch. x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.