Tuesday 15 May 2012

Jubilee Suitcase By Carol Fox



I have used Artistic Outpost Rubber Stamp sets London Elements, London underground and the bunting from Whimsical Melange for this little suitcase.


I applied a coat of white gesso to the case first before I coloured it using Oil Pastels and then grunged it up a bit with some Black Acrylic paint applied with some cut and dry foam. I quite like the way the oil pastels have made it look all old and beaten up.

I collaged up some images onto some pieces of card that I had cut to size to fit inside the top and bottom of the case. I was intending to make them into postcards and it was only after I had stuck them down that I realised I had forgotten to stamp the post card element on them. DOH.

I glued a couple of pieces of old cut and dry foam into the base of the case so the bottom card is tilted so it can be seen better.

The bunting flags are glued onto some red scrappers floss.

Don't forget to enter the current challenge. The full details of how to enter can be seen on the post here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carol what a fabby project, love all the stamping and patriotic colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Carol, well done :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. smashing project and very patriotic. x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.