Friday 11 May 2012

Crafty sew'n'sew by Julie dandy

I have had this idea in my head for a while and finally got around to putting it in to reality :D
I started with one of these fab hardboard collage frames and a papier mache torso.

I cut the torso in half and glued it on to the frame with glossy accents, then gave it a few coats of white gesso as a base.

When completely dry I covered the whole thing with pieces of a vintage sewing pattern glued down with Claudines matte medium.

When dry I painted it with a wash of Claudines studio paints in painterly pink and  sky blue mixed with traditional tan to give it a more vintage look.

I love that it has tinted the paper but you can still see the original print :D

I stamped around the edge in archival ink with these amazing BLOCKHEADS stamps

To finish I added buttons and other sewing ephemera and distress stickles.

If you haven't already go and check out all the NEW ITEMS in the shop as Moira has added some lush new lines that will defo have you parting with your pennies :D

Hugs'n'snogs,
Julie xx

3 comments:

  1. Such a terrific idea and it looks great Julie. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Crafty sew'n'sew is fabby. Great idea to cut the torso in half, love the shabby paint wash too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You clever lady, that's so lovely :o) xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.