Tuesday 22 May 2012

Miranda By Paula Tidman


I'm loving these Chapel Road Art stamps. Miranda is so pretty and ideal for these new fabric clasp clam bags in the Happy Daze shop.

I started by painting the bag (which is a little bigger than the fabric purses also now stocked,) with a couple of coats of gesso which I'd tinted with a little acrylic paint to make a creamier shade. Then rather than stamping directly on the bag as it is a domed shape, I stamped Miranda onto a scrap of white cotton which was given two coats of same gesso mix I used on the bag. Alternatively you can stamp on tissue paper. The flower stamp is one from my stash. Then I coloured the stamps using my inktense pencils. I zigzag stitched round the stamps and cut out close to the stitching. Then I glued to the bag using matte medium. When dry, I sealed the whole bag with matte medium. Used my hot glue to attach some lace and and small bow from my stash.



Miranda is my "May Queen" which is the current Happy Daze Challenge. One lucky winner will be drawn at random to win a  £15 voucher and free P&P to spend in the Happy Daze shop. Maximum of 3 entries per person & you must use at least one product which can be purchased in the Happy Daze shop.
  • You can enter by blogging you address to the linky widget here
  • emailing your picture to info@happy-daze.net
  • uploading your photo to their facebook page




8 comments:

  1. oh wow this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done it again, that's so beautiful Paula!
    Have a lovely day,
    Sam ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw, I love your bag and I want one like this!
    Greetings from Slovenia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally brilliant and stunning stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowee Paula your bag is totally gorgeous and loving those stamps. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely very inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project Paula, as always skillful use of those inktense pencils. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very pretty, it all looks so dreamy and really well put together. C x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.