Wednesday 23 January 2013

Ballet Girl Recycled Make Up Bag


For my final recycled item for this month's challenge I have decorated a make up bag which was pink with white butterflies on, and I wanted the butterflies to show through, so I covered it with Tim Holtz Composer Tissue Wrap using Matte Gel Medium. I stamped the little ballet dancer from the Artistic Outpost Picture Star plate onto tissue paper and coloured her with Distress Inks, along with some of the wording from the set, and added these over the top. I finished off with pleated ribbon trim, some lace flowers, and a friendly plastic homemade mould taken from a piece of broken jewellery.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous recycling Lucy, love your purse. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Lucy, your purses are exquisite and I should know as I own one of your beauties. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites?
    I have a blog based on the same topics you discuss
    and would love to have you share some stories/information.

    I know my readers would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely
    interested, feel free to send me an email.
    Take a look at my web page ... lägenhet i Bodrum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo very pretty :D
    i like the way you haven't covered it competely and still have the butterflies showing :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.