Wednesday 16 January 2013

Great Gatsby Recycled Gift Box


I recycled one of those horrible holographic foil gift boxes using Prima Moulin Rouge Papers and glittered die cuts and the Artistic Outpost Great Gatsby stamp plate to make a jewellery box. I also recycled a stopper from a broken glass decanter which I felt went with the art deco theme.  I used the text from the various stamps in differing brown inks to build up the layers, and the scroll from the Daisy stamp for the images on the top and the side panels. Hope you will join in the January recyling challenge!


6 comments:

  1. LOVE this Lucy. So stylish and extremely classy, beautifully altered. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a lovely use of the Gatsby plate, Lucy - I don't have that one... tempter!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh beautiful recycling, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Lucy, who would have guessed what it used to look like. Thats one rubber stamp plate added to my wish list. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous Lucy. great use of the stamps. I cannot wait for the film to come out, and i'm thinking i may need this set as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how lovely!!
    I can't believe there is holographic paper hiding under there!!
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.