Wednesday 9 January 2013

Miracle Perfume Bottle



I love recyling, especially after Christmas when packaging is much fancier than my normal empty cereal bottles and milk cartons! Here I have used an empty 'Miracle' shower gel bottle which I painted, then gave a layer of crackle medium, then a layer of pale pink paint. I stamped the pattern from the Artistic Outpost 'Jane's Countryside' plate all over the bottle using Archival Sepia and used a little on my finger along all the edges. I painted the bottle top in gold paint which gave a mottled and antiqued effect.


I stamped the Violette Flor, Lundborg's Perfumes, and Corset stamps from the Lost Coast Labels plate onto tissue paper using VersaMark and embossed with Black Embossing Powder and adhered the two main images front and back as shown, using matte gel medium. I sealed the whole lot with more gel medium.

I cut the text away from the Violette Flor piece to add down the sides of the bottle.

I stamped the Violette Flor image again onto frosted shrink plastic using Gold StazOn and cut it out leaving a border and punched two holes at the top before shrinking with a heat tool. I used a little bit of the gold ink down the edges of the bottle too. I added jump rings and a piece of chain to hang around the neck of the bottle. I was going for a sort of wine decanter look!

Finally I added a round Tim Holtz facet charm to the top of the bottle lid for a decorative touch.
 
 
 
 
I do hope you will have fun with recyling some of the packaging and other items left over from Christmas and join in this month's challenge!
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I have never used frosted shink plastic as I have never been sure how it would look, But it looks lovely and vintage on your bottle as a dangly label Lucy. Great result with the bottle, it looks totally gorgeous.Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd never know it was a humble shampoo bottle - it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great recycling - wonderful bottle now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this over at Lucy's... such a brilliant transformation!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific recycling Lucy, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo this is lovely :D i love the shrink plastic bottle label :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.