Thursday 12 July 2012

Feeling Chunky

I remember when the chunkiest thing that could be found was a Yorkie bar, now it's the chunky ATC!
For this creation I began by adding texture to the top, bottom and sides using modelling paste through a stencil and letting it dry throughly before painting all surfaces with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint. I was a bit of wimp and made the designs on card and then glued them on instead of going direct to the ATC.
For this side I used the tissue paper technique and stamped the frame from the Artistic Outpost set, Home cut off the cockeral etc and glued this down, I then stamped and coloured Lily and Zoe and glued them down also.  
 This side was done in the same way with the Angel In Disguise stamp. 
To get the distressed look on the edges I just applied a little burnt umber oil paint with my finger. At this point I liked it but it just seemed a little flat so I added some beads for feet and some random beads on wire for some dimension.

Here's what I used:

I do hope you like it, wishing you a very happy day, Sam xxx




9 comments:

  1. Just spotted this on Asia King's blog and so happy I did. Wonderful project!!! I'll be back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Sam! I would never have thought of wrapping the beads around like that,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. smashing work Sam, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous chunky ATC Sam, I love the beads wrapped round it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!I love the stamp from Paperbag Studio and it goes so well with the other one.Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours, love the beads. love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I love how you've wrapped this chunky ATC and just adore the children's image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really great chunky Sam, love the idea of texturing the sides.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.