Tuesday 24 July 2012

Mermen by Lucy Edmondson

Today is the mermaids' Summer Ball, and here are their dates for the evening:-



The Mermen are stamped and cut out from the French Flight set by Artistic Outpost, and their tails were made from Pardo clay and mica powders, from a mould which was very kindly lent to me by Lottie, expressly for the purpose. The sun face has also been made from a mould. The background paper is by Crafty Individuals. The 'sea' is bubble wrap dotted with alcohol ink in Stream and Clover, with a little Snowcap. You can get similar frames to the one I used here. I painted it with Tim Holtz Crackle Paint in Picket Fence and then spritzed it with Cosmic Shimmer inks. I finished the whole piece off with some  mica flakes, and some tiny chopped up pieces of fusible film.

I hope you will try the bubble wrap sea for your 'We're all going on a Summer Holiday' creations!

12 comments:

  1. loving your Mermen. Never thought of inking bubble wrap before the results are fab, brill idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous piece Lucy, so creative.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - and I am so glad you had that 'spark of inspiration' and emailed me when you saw my fish. I'm going to attempt to do mermaids now that I have seen your Mermen

    They are fantastic - and what a beautiful scene - thanks for describing how created it and the methods you used. I too would never have thought of using bubble wrap sea. I end up throwing the stuff away!

    Love love love your sun goddess.

    Please keep the fish mould - I have the actual fish so can make another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I double clicked to see it better Lucy, it's fantastic. Love how your imagination works :o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Lucy! Every detail is fabulous and the moulds are incredible! Thank you for sharing the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pinky peach and aqua. A brilliant pice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what agreta project just loving all that sparkle and your mermen are fabbie
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an inspirational make, so much to look at.Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Love the bubble wrap sea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. I love that those gents are now mermaids. PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Words fail me ... that's just perfect.
    Best, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are crazy cool.... I just can't get over the tails, in particular!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.