Tuesday 10 July 2012

Icarus Steampunk Slidemailer Hanging by Lucy Edmondson


I'm so delighted to be staying on after my guest month in June! Today I have made a quadruple slide mailer in the form of a hanging, with a steampunk theme. I started by spreading some texture paste over the inside of the mailer, leaving the centre of the top section clear, and once dry painting the whole piece with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint in Landscape Green from this set.



 I used Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante papers for the back of the mailer, and the images behind the microscope slides, and stamped Icarus from Lost Coast Designs above the slides and added a little colour. I die cut a yellow shrink plastic cog to represent the sun, and stamped the whole of the inside of the mailer with the Prima en Francais stamp in black. I used Inka Gold in Gold to highlight the raised areas and edges of the piece.
.

For the back of the mailer, I placed the clock and cog masks from the Tim Holtz set over the roses paper and sponged with the Landscape Green paint. I wasn't sure if I would make a mess at this stage, but I felt it broke down the floral pattern a little and made it more edgy.


To finish off I added some beaded trim. You can find some very similar ones here.

8 comments:

  1. I love this Lucy . . . now where did I put my slide mailers . . .
    Wishing you a lovely day, Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news that you are still a guest artist - love the textures and metallics - they really show up in the bottom photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite stamps, and I love your use of the slide mailer. I would never have thought of using it as a hanger like this. Great piece.Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and loving your colour palette, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very inspiring piece Lucy, love the textures and use of the G45 papers.
    hugs {brenda] xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lovely the texture, colour and detail you've used on this piece. Just so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Lucy, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always such an inspiration! Great texture and design! Lucy, you rock!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.